Victoria College Total Learning Center
offers free tutoring services to all VC students who need academic assistance as well as individuals preparing for entrance exams before enrolling at VC. Student Support Services provides tutors in two locations on the Main Campus and one location at the Gonzales Center.
Due to the developing COVID-19 situation, everyone entering VC buildings will be expected to wear a facial covering and participate in a basic health screening, which includes a temperature check. Students are encouraged to take advantage of VC’s remote services and virtual appointments when possible, but everyone is welcome to come to campus during our summer hours when necessary.
The Tutoring Center will continue to provide virtual tutoring to help you access our services remotely.
We want to continue to help you be successful in your classes, especially in these trying times. This is a learning curve for all of us, so please hang in there and know that help is on the way!
To look at the list of tutors and their availability, view the Summer 2020 Schedule.
Victoria College is offering three ways to meet students’ tutoring needs:
- Drop In Tutoring
- View the Tutoring Schedule above
- Find a tutor in your discipline that is working right now
- Control + Click on their name
- You will be entered into the tutors WebEx Personal Room
- Tutoring begins
- Given the volume of students seeking tutoring, the sessions may be limited to 30 minutes
2. Using WebEX, a virtual face-to-face 30 minute appointment
- Schedule a WebEX Tutoring Session through Navigate-Student
- Log into Navigate –Student from the Portal
- Students will receive a confirmation e-mail through their VC student e-mail account from the chosen tutor with a link to the WebEX meeting.
- On the day and time of the tutoring session, click on the “Join Meeting” button in the confirmation e-mail to connect to the appointment. You may be asked to download a browser version of the WebEX application if you are using a laptop or smartphone.
- You can enter the appointment room up to 5 minutes before your appointment.
3. Online submission of a writing assignment. Tutors will review the writing assignment and return the assignment with suggestions for improvement to the student.
Submit an online request here.
If you need assistance, please e-mail TutoringCenter@victoriacollege.edu
Main Campus Tutoring: Johnson Hall (JH), Room 106 & 108 has tutors on duty to cover academic courses math, chemistry, physics and computer courses. English and humanities tutoring is available in Johnson Hall (JH) 206 & 208 Science tutoring is available in the Health Sciences Center (HSC), Room 121C. The Reading Room in JH Room 104 offers a quiet place to read and study without the distractions.
Gonzales Center Tutoring: Tutoring available for all subjects located in the Gonzales Center, Room 100.
College Reading and Learning Association
College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) is an international group of student-oriented professionals active in the fields of reading, learning assistance, developmental education, and tutorial services at the college/adult level. Victoria College is now CRLA Certified at both Level I and Level II, meaning tutors can progress in a program designed to enhance their skills. Come see the difference these trained tutors can make in your academic career.