Amanda Garcia, left, and Mikayla Beiersdorfer were named the top two students among Victoria College’s Spring 2019 Associate Degree Nursing Program graduates during a pinning ceremony on May 9 at the Leo J. Welder Center for the Performing Arts.
Amanda Garcia, left, and Mikayla Beiersdorfer were named the top two students among Victoria College’s Spring 2019 Associate Degree Nursing Program graduates during a pinning ceremony on May 9 at the Leo J. Welder Center for the Performing Arts. Also pictured are, front row from left, Darla Strother, VC dean of allied health; and Cindy Buchholz, VC vice president of instruction; and back row, Edrel Stoneham, VC dean of student services; David Hinds, VC president; Dr. Daniel Cano, VC board member; Keith Blundell, VC vice president of administrative services; and Jennifer Yancey, VC vice president of college advancement and external affairs.
Garcia, Beiersdorfer named top two students of Spring 2019 class
The 51 Spring 2019 graduates of Victoria College’s Associate Degree Nursing Program were honored during a Pinning Ceremony on May 9 at the Leo J. Welder Center for the Performing Arts.
Amanda Garcia of Victoria was named the class valedictorian and Mikayla Beiersdorfer of Schulenburg was announced the class salutatorian. Garcia and Beiersdorfer credited their instructors and classmates for their success.
“You don’t just take knowledge from the book in this program. You learn a lot from each other,” said Garcia, who has a business degree from Texas A&M University. “We all took little bits and pieces from each other.”
“You have to build relationships with the other students to get through the program,” said Beiersdorfer, who has been hired to work in the emergency room at La Grange’s St. Mark’s Medical Center. “You must have that strong bond. We were there for each other in everything that we did. I am so glad I chose this program.”
Following are the other Spring 2019 graduates of Victoria College’s ADN Program listed by their cities of residence:
- Cedar Creek – Chloe Donaldson, Mary Sampson
- Edna – Karen Cruz, Zoey Johnson, Kamryn Roman
- Ganado – Brianna Labay
- Goliad – Joshua Howe
- Hallettsville – Stacy Goodwyne, Maria Sanchez
- Inez – Sean Bastian-Bennett, Gabriella Herrera, Nicole Horelka
- Meyersville – Melissa Stevens
- Nixon – Lorena Galvan
- Palacios – Barbara Perez
- Placedo – Christine Gruber
- Port Lavaca – Kennedy Daniel, Brianna Dybala, Blanca Hernandez
- Port O’Connor – Darin Luna
- Schulenburg – Ashley Kocurek
- Seguin – Korinthia Reyna
- Shiner – Erica Christen, Amanda Louden, Jessica Wise
- Sinton – Erin Smith
- Telferner – Lyndsey Bay
- Victoria – Amberlee Beard, Jacy Buckner, Melissa Cantwell, Brittany Dworaczyk, Jessica Ferrell, Jamie Flores, Ashley Hendrick, Matthew Kasper, Morgan Lienemann, Nicole McCay, Morgan Nelson, Brandie Plummer, Hannah Price, Brittany Smith, Sarah Stoneking, Natasha Venz, Shannon Werth, Morgan Wyatt, Jackie Yutiambo
- Woodsboro – Samantha Lopez, Shelby Sheffield
Victoria College’s two-year Associate of Applied Science degree in nursing is fully approved by the Texas Board of Nursing and accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
Successful completion of the ADN Program enables graduates to apply for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses. Satisfactory achievement on the exam qualifies graduates for licensure as a registered nurse.
For more information on Victoria College’s ADN Program, call (361) 572-6435 or email Tyler.Turk@VictoriaCollege.edu.