Welding will be among the variety of Level 1 industrial trades courses offered by Victoria College’s Workforce & Continuing Education Department during the spring.
Victoria College’s Workforce & Continuing Education Department will offer a wide variety of industrial trade courses during the spring.
Among the courses offered will be Core Curriculum: Introductory Craft Skills, which is a prerequisite for all of VC’s industrial trade training courses. Two Introductory to Craft Skills courses will be offered in Victoria – one on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6 to 10 p.m. on Jan. 3-31 and the other on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6 to 10 p.m. on Jan. 4-30.
Two Introductory to Craft Skills will be offered at VC’s Gonzales Center. The first course will be held on Jan. 9-24 and the second will be held on Jan. 30-Feb. 14. Both courses will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6 to 10 p.m. A course will also be offered at VC’s Wilkins Industrial Training Center in Port Lavaca on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6 to 10 p.m. on Jan. 9-Feb. 1.
“The Introductory to Craft Skills course is required for National Center for Construction Education & Research certification for all of VC’s Level 1 courses,” said VC Workforce & Continuing Education Director Sherri Pall. “Students will learn basic work safety and construction math. They will also learn how to operate hand tools and power tools and read blueprints.”
The cost for the course is $195 and includes all course materials.
Upon successful completion of Introductory to Craft Skills, students can register for the following Level 1 industrial trades courses scheduled for the spring:
- Carpentry (Feb. 13-May 31 in Victoria);
- Drywall (Feb. 12-April 23 in Victoria);
- Electrical (Jan. 29-April 25 in Gonzales, Feb. 5-May 2 in Victoria);
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (Jan. 3-31 and Jan. 4-30 in Victoria, Jan. 9-24 and Jan. 30-Feb. 14 in Gonzales);
- Millwright Level 1/2 Combo (Jan. 3-31 and Jan. 4-30 in Victoria);
- Pipefitting (Jan. 9-Feb. 1 in Port Lavaca);
- Plumbing (Feb. 20-May 17 in Victoria);
- Scaffolding (March 26-May 9 in Victoria);
- and Welding (Feb. 12-March 29 and March 20-July 19 in Victoria, Feb. 16-June 30 in Gonzales).
Higher-level Electrical, HVAC, Millwright, Power Line Worker and Welding courses are also scheduled for the spring.
For more information, contact Pall at (361) 582-2590 or Sherri.Pall@VictoriaCollege.edu.